Post-doctoral position in cellular and molecular neurobiology of Huntington's disease
The laboratory of Stem Cell Biology and Pharmacology of Neurodegenerative Diseases, led by Elena Cattaneo (www.cattaneolab.it) has been studying Huntington’s disease – a rare genetic and neurodegenerative disease - for more than 25 years. The laboratory’s goal is to contribute to the understanding of the physiopathology of the disease and to develop pharmacological, genetic and cellular strategies that could slow down the course of the illness or prevent its onset.
The lab is looking for a highly motivated post-doc to be involved in a research project aimed at investigating the structure and function of the Huntingtin gene. The project is supported by an American Foundation. The position is full-time, 3 years, and it will be available starting from January 2022 (or earlier depending on availability).
· Candidates must hold a PhD degree in cell/molecular/developmental/stem cell biology/ or similar
· Candidates should have a background in stem cell cultures and genome editing
· A creative, solution-oriented mindset is required. The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment both independently and as part of the team is essential
- Knowledge in the field of neurobiology is important
The application must include:
- Motivation letter (It should describe your long-term research vision, the reason for applying to be part of our team and why you think you are the right candidate to fill this position).
- Curriculum vitae including education, experience, previous employments, language skills and other relevant skills.
- List of two references (full address, including email and phone number).
- List of publications
The lab is located in the center of Milano and is affiliated to the Department of Bioscience of the University of Milan and the INGM, Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare "Romeo ed Enrica Invernizzi".
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: November 20th 2021